• Log In

  • How To Open A News Bureau

    China currently allows foreign correspondents to be accredited in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chongqing and Shenyang. Most bureaus are located in Beijing and Shanghai.

    Procedures for setting up a bureau and requesting accreditation are found on the Foreign Ministry’s International Press Center website. Look for the articles on establishing a “permanent office” and applying for press cards in the IPC Services section.

    Correspondents looking to share office space with other correspondents in Beijing can contact the FCCC in order to include their request in our weekly digest of events and services.

    For information on satellite uplink feeds and other matters related to broadcast media, please see the TV Reporting Tips section of this Reporters’ Guide.